Marengo, OH asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury and Civil Rights for Ohio

Q: I believe my son was wrongly jailed and his rights violated. As a result, they caused him to violate a condition

Of his probation which is job retention. They set him up to fali when he was on the cusp of getting enough saved up to finally get things in order. I can't afford a lawyer for him and would like his case reassigned to another judge. Our court system is so jacked up they let meth heads back on streets but jail him for an inconclusive drug test that showed a false positive for a drug he never even heard of. He's trying to take care of his family and stay out of trouble but the probation personnel are skirting the rules and as a result he's in a further hardship. How do I get help for him to get released? He was beaten in jail by two thugs who were never supposed to even be there and the jail personnel won't let us see him. He had to get stitches and CT scan shows multiple hairline fractures in his eye socket. Please help I'm out of options

1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL

A: By this time he should have had an attorney appointed.

You want the judge disqualifed, does he?

He should consult with his lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.