Brighton, MI asked in Family Law and Child Support for Michigan

Q: My son's father has his support taken from his pay check on a weekly basis, the employer is always a month behind

My son's father keeps a copy of every single pay stub from every pay check he receives from his employer, we have been back in forth with the friend of the court on getting on top of his employer in sending in payments. This last time we called our case worker they told us there was nothing they could do in order to take action against the employer to get them to submit payments on a timely manor. Every month my son's father has a balance because his employer is behind, is their any laws for the state of Michigan regarding employers and how long they have to submit payments once its been taken from the employees check?