Bartlesville, OK asked in Workers' Compensation and Insurance Bad Faith for Texas

Q: Insurance company is refusing to pay my father's life-time settlement agreement for 4yr now which is to pay 15k/yr

He was awarded in court a life-time settlement. We have all the paperwork and even the original checks from the initial payout. However the company that is now supposed to pay the 15k per year is refusing to pay. Calling them just sends you from employee to employee, in circles. One lady flat out said "we're not sending you a check" like she was in disbelief this settlement existed. It is a life-time settlement from about 20 years ago. What do i do?? We really need the money as we are a very low income family on fixed income.

1 Lawyer Answer
S. Michael Graham
S. Michael Graham
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You can contact an attorney of your choice or else you are free to contact my office.

An attorney will need to review the file and paperwork to determine what benefits are due and owing. My website is Ph. 214-358-6060

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.