New York, NY asked in Personal Injury for New York

Q: I feel my attorney is negligent in his representation of my case. Can I change attorneys?

I fell in June 2014 on a wet floor in my law firm's cafeteria. My attorney never calls me and I don't think he is handling my case in my best interest. I sustained a serious head injury and cut on my arm. I started treatment with physical therapists and then continued treatment at the Rusk Rehab for Brain Injuries in NYC for 6 months. I was out of work on workers comp for 2 years and subsequently lost my job since I was unable to return. In my opinion my attorney has done nothing to move the case along. I have not spoken to him in months. I want to change attorneys and would appreciate any advice you can give me.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter Briskin
Peter Briskin
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: There are a number of questions I have concerning your accident. I can assist you if you give me a call at (212) 608-7778. Peter Briskin

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.