Mckinney, TX asked in Bankruptcy and Education Law for Texas

Q: I obtained a Bachelors degree from ITT Technical Institute, at the time, I was told that it was accredited.

Now, I'm finding out that it is not accredited and none of the credits transfer and I'm not working in my field of study in which I obtained the Bachelor degree. I feel that the degree is worthless and yet I'm still paying on student loans.

Is there anything that can be done?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tammy Lyn Wincott
Tammy Lyn Wincott
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • San Antonio, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Please look at this link for more information relating to ITT - you may have to copy and paste as it doesn't show to be a hyperlink.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.