Columbus, OH asked in Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Kentucky

Q: I have a signed temp custody order, and my soon to be ex husband has taken off with daughter, and the police won't help!

He pack up and left last Thursday while I was at work, and has cut off all communication. I need help getting my 3yr old baby back as soon as possible. If he is at work, and my baby is left with someone, will the police make them give her to me?

1 Lawyer Answer

Anna Aleksander

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: You should probably take legal action in Court, such as contempt, or Motion for return of child etc. This site is for general advice only and your question can't be answered without an appropriate legal consultation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.