Greenville, RI asked in Divorce and Family Law for Rhode Island

Q: I need to file an answer to a family court summons. What is the wording and who/where do I send it?

The complaint is a motion for the defendant's right to terminate alimony. The defendant is my ex-husband and I have remarried. I agree with the motion. I just don't want to have to hire an attorney and go to court to get this done. There is a court date listed.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Neville Bedford
Neville Bedford
  • Licensed in Rhode Island

A: If you choose to represent yourself, you shall be obligated to do the appropriate responses for yourself. If you have no objection to the motion, you should have both probably asked your attorney to prepare the agreement for you and save yourself the time off work to go to court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.