Minneapolis, MN asked in Traffic Tickets and Car Accidents for Minnesota

Q: I got a ticket and was in an accident 2.5 years ago. I’m trying to get onto my works auto insurance. Anyway to clean up?

I want to get my record cleared 6 months earlier then the 3 year normal period.

1 Lawyer Answer
Thomas C Gallagher
Thomas C Gallagher
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: There is no way to age traffic violations on a person's drivers license record with Minnesota Department of Public Safety, faster than time passing in the normal way.

The only way to solve that problem would be to file a motion to reopen the case with the court, get the court to allow that, then resolve it in a way that does not result in a conviction for a moving violation. If the charge was connected to a motor vehicle accident, that may be challenging.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.