New York, NY asked in Criminal Law for New York

Q: Got a DAT in New York penal code 210.45 what are my chances of getting an ACD

I wrote a false statement (false check)which I never wrote or deposited someone else did but then said the truth I really don’t want to go to jail help please also they took my phone for evidence how long can they stay with my property ? ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Aubrey Claudius Galloway
Aubrey Claudius Galloway
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Scarsdale, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: Your chances are very good at getting an ACD if you have a clean criminal record… Worse comes to worse we could probably get a conditional discharge for an unclassified misdemeanor as opposed to the highest count you are being charged of, an a misdemeanor. The key is that you have representation and, no offense to public defenders but they are overworked, so you should consider hiring private counsel or if you qualify request an 18 B lawyer.

We do a lot of these cases and I have been recognized as one of the top 10 criminal lawyers in New York by attorney and practice magazine, among others (see:

Please contact us via our website ( for a free phone consultation or text “legal inquiry” to 914-912-1555 and an attorney will get back to you within 24 hours.

Our rates are very competitive at $180 an hour for attorneys fees and $65 an hour for paralegal fees. For a case like this I would estimate initial retainer would run you about $620.

Regardless, I can point you in the right direction via a free phone consultation so do not hesitate to reach out as I am here to help.

Truly Yours,


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.