Asked in Consumer Law for Illinois

Q: At fault insurance company in auto accident won't pay subrogate claim amount. I'm out $1000.00 deductible. HELP

Struck from behind while stopped in traffic May 20, 2018 in Chicago. Driver admitted fault in police report. I was driving part time for Uber at time and two passengers gave statements to Uber's insurance adjuster. Allstate handles Uber claims in Chicago. At fault insurance company, American Access Casualty, refuses to pay claim. I had to take out a loan to pay the $1000.00 deductible. Filed a complaint with BBB but complaint closed by BBB when Allstate entered into litigation with American Access. I've exhausted all avenues including one media outlet and an attempt to contact Allstate's attorney. No one will help me and now I'm paying for a loan I can't afford.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Steve McCann

  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Chicago, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Did you sustain bodily injuries as a result of the collision? If so, I recommend organizing everything in your possession related to this matter, including the crash report and medical records, and consulting with a personal injury attorney. Many of us offer free consultations and will represent you on a contingent basis in relation to your bodily injuries, so it will not cost you anything out of pocket to obtain the representation of an experienced professional.

If you were not injured, I recommend consulting with an attorney familiar with insurance law and bad faith claims. If American Access is denying the claim without a justifiable reason, they may be in violation of the Illinois Insurance Code, which would entitle you to a remedy.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.