Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Florida

Q: I have a stipulated temporary agreement with my daughters father. It binds my daughter to a certain county and states we

Cannot take her out of the county with out consent or court order. I had to relocate due to him not wanting to work things out. Now he wont let me see or talk to my daughter. We have shared rights. What do i need to do to be able to get my daughter mostly with me instead of him Or 50/50. He has made doctors appointments and put her in daycare and will not give me any details or knowledge about nothing that pretains to her. He also took her from me about a week ago and the police said there isnt anything they can do. I really need to know what to do to get my daughter back home with me

1 Lawyer Answer
Deborah Annette Carroll
Deborah Annette Carroll
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Lakeland, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: I'm sorry to hear you are going through this. You have every right to file a motion for contempt against him. If his actions are in violation of the current court order, you need to ask the court to hold him accountable for his disregard of the order.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.