Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Florida

Q: I have a stipulated temporary agreement with my daughters father. It binds my daughter to a certain county and states we

Cannot take her out of the county with out consent or court order. I had to relocate due to him not wanting to work things out. Now he wont let me see or talk to my daughter. We have shared rights. What do i need to do to be able to get my daughter mostly with me instead of him Or 50/50. He has made doctors appointments and put her in daycare and will not give me any details or knowledge about nothing that pretains to her. He also took her from me about a week ago and the police said there isnt anything they can do. I really need to know what to do to get my daughter back home with me

Deborah Annette Carroll
Deborah Annette Carroll
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Lakeland, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: I'm sorry to hear you are going through this. You have every right to file a motion for contempt against him. If his actions are in violation of the current court order, you need to ask the court to hold him accountable for his disregard of the order.