Rockingham, NC asked in Criminal Law for North Carolina

Q: Cops mistakenly returned evidence to me

a meth pipe with residue was in my car. they charged me with possession sched 2 and drug paraphernalia. but when i got car out of impound, the pipe was still in it. so if they don't have physical evidence, do they have a case? should i refuse the plea and ask them to produce evidence during trial?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bill Powers
Bill Powers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina


First and foremost, Rockingham NC is still somewhat "small town" NC. Law enforcement, even in Richmond County NC, can and do review internet postings.

So it makes sense to limit public posts Justia or other legal message board, especially regarding very specific fact patterns and allegations of criminal charges.

And because of that, the best thing to do is to sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney, where attorney-client privilege allows for a full and confidential discussion of your legal options.

Possession of Drug Paraphernalia cases in North Carolina can get a bit complicated. That's because HOW the paraphernalia is used, and for what controlled substance(s), can make a BIG DIFFERENCE.

More info on the NC Paraphernalia Laws, check out:

You may want to give George Crump in Rockingham NC a call. He has a substantial amount of legal experienced (40 years!) helping people with allegations of criminal charges, felony or misdemeanor, in Richmond County.

If you talk to George, tell him, "Bill Powers in Charlotte says hey."

All the best!

Bill Powers

Criminal Defense Lawyer Charlotte NC

Will Blackton agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.