Orlando, FL asked in Child Support for Florida

Q: My ex set child support via the state. He has been paying me directly though. Are we able to modify it pay directly

I understand that if he pays the state then I get less $ and it takes time for me to receive it.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Deborah Annette Carroll
Deborah Annette Carroll
  • Lakeland, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You don't get less money with the payment through the state disbursement system. A service charge is added to cover the administrative cost, but it is added to what he pays rather than deducted from what you receive. However it can take longer for the state to set up your account and disburse the funds at the beginning. Once it is set up though, the disbursement to you is fairly quick.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.