Fort Worth, TX asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Texas

Q: I broke up with my ex in 2010 and got with someone else 1 month later. Ex did a drive by and did 2 years in prison.

CPS got involved and kept my daughter from me saying I neglected her only they wouldn't let me b see her. Now in 2018 CPS is involved since June 4 2017 and I'm just now being informed by my ex mother in law that they took my daughter to Louisiana without my knowledge but with the father's consent, even though the father has never been around since she was born, but I was. The father and I agreed that he would get her Fridays Saturdays and Sundays, but he didn't abide by the agreement. Can I go pick her up from Louisiana?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Grant St Julian III
Grant St Julian III
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Is there a visitation order in effect? Who has conservatorship of the child? Did you have an attorney in the CPS proceedings? Is so, call her/him. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.