Vista, CA asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights, Juvenile Law and Small Claims for California

Q: Hello, I am inquiring about my legal options in regards to an incident that occurred with my 8 year old daughter.

A person who has since been identified, took a photo of my 8 year old daughter from my wife's Instagram page. Once the person had the picture she wrote derogatory comments on the picture about my daughters weight and made comments about my 8 year old daughters chest (breasts). She then posted it on the internet for the world to see. We have now or ever had an affiliation with this person who is 22 years of age. This incident has been difficult for my whole family. My wife has been physically ill due to this incident. Is there any legal actions we can take against this person? Any help would be appreciated. Also this person lives in Rhode Island and my family lives in California.

Thank you for your time

Sincerely a loving concerned father.

1 Lawyer Answer
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You need to contact a lawyer who has expertise in cyberlaw. There may also be an issue with child porn if the person made sexual references regarding your young daughter. Perhaps a phone call to your local FBI office might be useful to help sort out all the issues with your unfortunate experience.

Timing is critical. Don't waste any time notifying the proper authorities due to the sensitive nature of these issues, or in getting sound legal advice from an attorney with experience in these kinds of matters.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.