Lexington, KY asked in Civil Rights and Personal Injury for Kentucky

Q: Can i sue the police department for negligence. I am one of Tyrone Heartfields many victims. And he got released after

only 18 months. Look up Throne Heartsfield vs. the state on ky in 2003 and also 2018 and he was let go. at least 8 victims and hes out on the street. please help make them lyable for putting woman at risk again.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: No. The police department is not responsible for the sentence Heartfiekd received. It is likely the lack of evidence or failure of the legal system as a whole and unfortunate, but you have no claim against the police department.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.