Seattle, WA asked in Personal Injury for Washington

Q: Can I win a personal injury case against my cities public transit co. I'm wheelchair bound and was thrown from my chair.

The bus driver slammed the brakes so hard it through myself & my (PCA) personal care assistant to the floor of the bus. We both had obvious visible injuries and some damage to my new wheelchair. We were in a lot of pain right after the accident and experiencing more pain than expected after 48 hours. I have severe lymphedema in my legs and since the accident the pain is over whelming for me, I had an appt. today at lymphedema clinic. So I had to ride the bus again to get there, I didn't know I'd be so scared until they seated me and started driving. I'm in fear I'm gonna get thrown from my wheelchair again. My PCA is also experiencing a lot more pain too, her neck is now aching and thinks her ribs might be bruised or cracked. I'm looking for an attorney to represent me in this case either pro bono or on a contingency basis.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar

A: I do not practice in Washington. However, I noticed that your accident involved a public transit company. You should consult with a Washington attorney immediately because your claim could possibly involve short notice of claim requirements, which arise in lawsuits against transit authorities, cities, municipalities, towns, villages, or other public agencies/entities. These can be in the order of days.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.