Aberdeen, WA asked in DUI / DWI for Washington

Q: Received a voicemail saying there in a location order and a case # at my local court.

It was a local number but wanted me to call her back on a 1-855 number. She stated her name but not where she is from. She said it was an attempt to contact, and she is going to proceed to contact my supervisor to locate me on grounds. And the case # at my local court is going to be filed as public records. If I didn’t contact them I would forfeit my rights. They also contacted my grandparents telling them the case number and there is a location order on me from the court. I called the county clerks office, they looked up my name but there isn’t any results. I’m not familiar with legal stuff and didn’t want to ignore it as a scam and wanted legal advice on this. Thank You. There is more to the message but that is most of it. When she referred to my court she said it was Grays Harbor which is the county I live in.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stan Glisson
Stan Glisson
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Port Orchard, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: That number has too many digits, and the local court told you there is no record?

It's a scam. I would search Google for similar scams, that may ease your mind. You can always tell them to send you something in writing or ask where you can meet with someone in person, I'm sure they will decline.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.