Denver, CO asked in Business Law and Civil Litigation for Colorado

Q: Can investors sue sharholders of a corporation

My ex-business parter wants me to payback money he invested in our company. I never asked for him to pay me back what I invested. Plus I was willing to sign over my shares of the company and he refused. Now he wants to sue me over the funds and also wants me to pay back an invoice that paid for but it is for his for repairs on his personal house that he paid for out of company funds.

1 Lawyer Answer
Donald C Eby
Donald C Eby
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: Not sure what you mean here. An investor generally is a shareholder. If you get sued, I'll be happy to defend you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.