Albuquerque, NM asked in Real Estate Law for New Mexico

Q: A nasty/rude person with 3 children has been in my home for 3 months, I want them to move how do I get them out legally.

She is a young 30 year old who was only suppose to stay 2 weeks, and won't leave I am disabled and can't take it anymore. I gave her a certified 30 day notice to leave by 9/30/18. If she don't leave what should I do. I am a renter. I don't even really know her I was only trying to be helpful.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: It sounds that you gave her an ultimatum of September 30 to move out. In the meantime, you can offer to assist her in finding a new residence. Ask you other family members for their support in speaking with her. Perhaps she has some other family members that will take her in. She does not move out on or before September 30, they will be evicted.

You may need to hire to a local attorney to help with you the eviction process. The legal eviction notice will give them a certain date that they are required to move out.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.