Asked in Divorce and Child Custody for Oklahoma

Q: My boyfriend's ex is refusing to let anyone pick up the children except him. The court order states party's not father.

My boyfriend's EX is refusing to let anyone pick up the children except him he works out of town most weekends and only comes home on Saturdays. she will not allow his parents me or anyone to pick them up she just simply denies the visitation stating she doesn't have to give them to anyone else except him. I'm in law enforcement so I have dealt with custody orders before and have tried to explain to her that she cannot delegate what he does with his time he spends with his kids. most weekends when he is working out of town we go to wherever he is and spend the weekend with him my children and me. I don't understand how she is getting away with this she can't just simply take his time away can she?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Pete David Louden

  • Norman, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: This is a problem that I encounter often when a custodial parent puts her need to be in control over the best interest of the child. The good news is that there is a solution to take it out of her hands. I have had success in the past with this type of issue by modifying the visitation order to specifically state that people other than the father can conduct visitation exchanges. This should solve the problem. Pete D. Louden

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.