Little Elm, TX asked in Child Support for Texas

Q: Over payment of child support. Texas

My ex did not show to the modification meeting at the AG office in 2013 that HE wanted. The AG attempted to contact him multiple times, with no answer. Because of this, his income was left at the same amount. He did nothing for the next 4 years which resulted in a significant amount of arrears. Now he wants a refund of his overages. He neglected to pay 24/48 months of support. What are my options? My lawyer just wants me to roll over and take it, yet I am not comfortable in that choice.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Tammy Lyn Wincott

  • San Antonio, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Talk to the Attorney Generals office handling the child support collection.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.