Tulsa, OK asked in Divorce, Family Law and Child Custody for Oklahoma

Q: Oklahoma Question: Refusal of medical provider to give parent medical bills of 2 minor children. Need help! Thx so much!

Div parent req ccs of med bills w/med prov. SFH refuses to give bills to parent(SFH)only w/other parent's perm. Mother refuses to allow father to hv the bills, "only what she gives him" Found out that the $$ pd directly to her she stated was "reimb for what shes pd" etc. wasn't being pd towards the accts.We've been req the med bills from prov for sev mos now. He wants to pay his % directly to med prov after $ not made to accts she was reimb for by father. MedProv also this wk refuse give rcpt to father who pd his % on what is owed on an acct. for a dos.The dos given to dad just given this wk was for 3/18&8/18 more surp bills! She says the bal was $352 on 1.MedProv says incorrect, only $200. No $ pd to acc her per SFH. He pd his % & SFH refuse to give a rcpt. Will only give to mom. We've req item bills 4 past 2 yrs. Prov refuses to give to us. No term of rights, no orders saying otherwise. CS always current.MedProv doesn't care abt Okla Stat that he is entitled to. Just need ccs of bill

1 Lawyer Answer

Pete David Louden

  • Norman, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: You are entitled to all records concerning the child. The problem you have described happens all the time. The good news is that there is a solution. Simple solution is hire an attorney to modify your existing court orders to include language that addresses this issue.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.