Placentia, CA asked in Domestic Violence and Sexual Harassment for California

Q: How to get help with harrassement/stalking by ex employee I reported for fraud. I am disabled + she was my IHSS worker

She was forging my name on her timesheet and doing the multiple other crimes a year later I get randomly beat up by a man at a bus stop I'm in a wheelchair got a broken bone in my hand had to have surgery and had it removed then she finds me on social media like offer up and let go and puts like hacking stuff on my account attached to my name putting her own picture on there so I know it's her we found her in my Ally my new caregivers going to witness just people calling my number all the time all kinds of stuff

1 Lawyer Answer
William John Light
William John Light
  • Riverside, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: It's very hard to decipher what is happening here, but it sounds like you have been the victim of a crime, such as identity theft. If that is accurate, contact the Placentia Police Dept., Miscellaneous Crimes Unit to report what has happened. (714) 993-8146. You may also want to consider a Restraining Order to prevent this person from contacting and/or using your likeness on social media.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.