Clovis, CA asked in Workers' Compensation for California

Q: How do I confirm what was sent to the qualified medical evaluator?

The adjuster sent me a package and gave me ten days to dispute any non-medical record. I had disputed to some of the non-medical record. I received another package a few days later that is basically the same except it had a five page cover letter giving their opinion. How can I confirm that the package I received is the same one that was sent to the qme?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Ronald Mahurin

  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Point Arena, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: "Basically the same" is too vague for comment. Either the materials you objected to were removed, or they were not. At this point your options are keeping the QME appointment, or writing the adjuster a letter saying you will not attend the QME until such time as your objections have been addressed. Given that the materials were already sent, it may be too late and a new panel list may be needed. Lastly, you should write your own cover letter to the QME outlining your concerns and issues.

Nancy J. Wallace

  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Grand Terrace, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: The only way I know is to quiz the doctor's staff about which specific items were provided. You will have to be exact and precise in naming each paper you do not wish the physician to see, if you use the generic term 'paperwork' or 'letter' , you are not communicating.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.