Chambersburg, PA asked in Family Law for Pennsylvania

Q: Can my ex call back into domestics after modification hearing and be granted more without me there?

Had modification hearing and we agreed on 350 then she called back after and asked for more and they granted her 475 plus 50 a month for a total of 525

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Karen Ulmer Pendergast

  • Langhorne, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: An order can be put in place without you there but you should have received notice in order for them to make any changes. Orders can be modified as circumstances changes with a petition filed and notice to the other side of a court date.

Kathryn Hilbush agrees with this answer

Kathryn Hilbush

  • Media, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: I agree with Attorney Pendergast. It seems that something else happened besides your ex calling DRO and having the order changed. You should contact the caseworker to get the full story and then perhaps consult with an experienced family law attorney in your area

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.