Tampa, FL asked in Family Law for Georgia

Q: I was served today with contempt/modification paperwork in my home town of Tampa, by my ex through Cobb County,

I need more than 30 days to reply. Correction - answer is due in 30 days, not counting the day you were served.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Ellaretha Coleman

  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Your response is due 30 days from the date you were served. If you need assistance responding, you should consult with an attorney.

1 user found this answer helpful

P. Justin Thrailkill

  • Fayetteville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Was the case filing in Georgia or Florida? Depending on how long you've been in Florida, and where the original case was, it may not be appropriate to have the case in Cobb County. Talk to an attorney ASAP, as that objection needs to be raised within 30 days.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.