Wilmette, IL asked in Divorce for Illinois

Q: What are the choices that I have?

Hello! I am a teenager dealing with a very unique, bad divorce case. My mom just said that I dont have a say in what happens because Im not 18. She also found out that I have tried weed (I needed a way to escape the mental and emotion pain she puts me through). She implied that she is going to bring that up in the case. She says that now I wont have a say at all. Please help me and tell me what choices I have.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

J. Richard Kulerski Esq.

  • Oak Brook Terrace, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: The most responsible advice I can give you is to speak to your school counselor, and explain everything to him/her. Good luck and best wishes.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.