Tampa, FL asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Florida

Q: My ex owes $24k in child support. Does this warrant an injunction against him taking the kids out of state for xmas?

Open case with Dept. of Revenue and Pinellas County. Balance is $24,000. He has informed me he will be taking our two boys out of state to GA and TN for about 10 days during his scheduled holiday time.

1 Lawyer Answer

Rand Scott Lieber

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Generally you cannot restrict timesharing because of monetary issues. If you go back to court on the child support issue you can bring to the court's attention that he has money to go on out of state vacations.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.