Atlanta, GA asked in Child Support for Georgia

Q: Can Child S. Agency make a father continue paying Child Support past age 18 even if child is still in High School.

There is nothing in my final D. Decree or Plan Parenting that states this. My other concern is

can a C.S.A submitted to the court any request, document, form for a modification to continue paying past age 18 until graduation.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Regina Irene Edwards

  • Lawrenceville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Yes. if the child is still in high school, support stops at age 20.

1 user found this answer helpful

P. Justin Thrailkill

  • Fayetteville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Their job is to enforce it. They can modify it if requested to, but they would've served you with notice if this was to happen. Most orders would say support is paid until the child graduates from high school, but there are exceptions. You need to speak with counsel about representation if you cannot get them to stop it and the order says it is to stop.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.