Phoenix, AZ asked in Adoption, Child Custody and Family Law for Arizona

Q: do you all help with child custody in a gay relationship?

i was with a woman 7/8 yrs (common law married) we have a child I paid for and inserted/incriminated the sperm my mom and I took care of ALL the daycare expenses until our daughter started school when she was three. Our daughter is 7yrs old now i have NOT once claimed her on my taxes yet i PAY FOR MOST of her needs, her other mom has 3 OTHER kids NOW (four total) my daughter wants to stay with me she wont let her, my daughter has became her in-house sitter at 7 yrs. old and she is also capped off on claiming kids on taxes still dont want me to claim my daughter a a dependent but for the past 8yrs (whole time in womb) I was the provider for her and our unborn

1 Lawyer Answer
Randi Sirlin
Randi Sirlin
  • Family Law Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: I believe that under Arizona state law, you have a de facto partnership and a family law attorney can definitely help you

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.