Kintnersville, PA asked in Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Pennsylvania

Q: How do you challange a search warrant issued due to false and theoretical probable cause affidavit

Property was seized from home over a month ago. The search warrant was issued based on false, misleading and theoretical evidence. No charges have been filed.

How do I petition for return of property and dismissal(quash, invalidate) of the warrant?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Cary B. Hall
Cary B. Hall
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Norristown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Your best bet is to hire an attorney, and have him/her contact the police to find out what their intentions are with the property seized, and whether they intend to file any charges.

If you'd like to discuss this matter further, I do practice in Bucks County. Feel free to contact me offsite -- my contact information is contained in my Justia profile.

Best of luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.