Atlanta, GA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Georgia

Q: Proven sobriety. 8 months. Worked with counselor. When should they come home? I violeted a court order let dad see them

Past substance abuse. Case 2 years ago i took mental health and rehab classes. Dad did not comply. I regained custody. This time havent failed (ive been clean the 2 years) I messed up and let dad visit and we got caught. They took custody again since march We have court in january. I have given several clean random drug screens and worked with in home services 1 time a week since july. I feel like the case isnt moving. I still have unsupervised. I have court appointed attourney hard to get ahold of her. I want my kids home they always ask me if they can come home

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

P. Justin Thrailkill

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Fayetteville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: This sounds like it has less to do with your sobriety than it does about your ability to follow court orders. Talk to counsel about where you need to go from here to defend this.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.