Asked in Child Support for Kentucky

Q: Does my dad have to pay child support if his daughter lives with him but the mom has actual custody?

My sister has been living with my dad for a year now. (she is 13) She goes to her moms whenever she wants but stays at my dad's the majority of the time. Now her mom is saying she is gonna take my dad to court for back child support and my sister still insists she wants to stay with my dad. Nothing was ever legally changed in the courts just verbally through them. Should he get a lawyer or what.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Timothy Denison

  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Yes. He needs to go have pay order terminated immediately.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.