Oklahoma City, OK asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Civil Rights and Probate for Oklahoma

Q: Grandparent of my children asked to babysit while we remodeled and went to the court and filed for emergency cust.

Never been in trouble or had issues with DHS. No valid reason for this but yet the state of Midwest City police refused to give me my kids but the only papers we saw said she had petitioned for guardianship. Not awarded guardianship. She is telling my kids lies that we sell drugs and they don't even know what drugs are. My 7 year old told my fiance that his grandma said Mommy and Daddy sell drugs.. the only reason she's starting this whole thing is because my daughter said something about moving to Florida which she has been against us doing because she thinks in her head it's being done out of spite to her. When in reality, it's because I have better opportunity to work and make better money for my family.

1 Lawyer Answer
Doak Willis
Doak Willis
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Tahlequah, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Immediately hire you an attorney who practices guardianship law and family law. Emergency guardianship may be hard to get by them unless they can show your children are in imminent danger to their health, safety, or possible death.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.