Easton, PA asked in Domestic Violence for Pennsylvania

Q: I was a victim of abuse for ten years back in bout 2008 the judge allowed him to

Plead out to ten yrs minimum judge said he deserves a yr for a yr now I had not too severe back problems two bad discs from his kicks well now ten years later I have rsd I’ll never be better I’ll suffer and get other disorders from this one I got from my progression in life all results from his abuse can I still get restitution now it what can I do, I’m no longer able to work per doctors I now need the assistance also. I was unaware I was entitled to a form of some restitution he never ever paid support or anything from him please help me what can I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kathryn Hilbush
Kathryn Hilbush
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Media, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Hi. Two things. First, you should never provide identifying information about yourself on an online forum like this. Frankly, if possible, I'd suggest that you take this post down and, if you still want someone to respond to your issues more specifically than I will, repost it without your name. As far as whether you can go forward with any restitution, I would doubt it but the best idea might be to talk to someone in the District Attorney's Office since that the office in which the department that handles restitution claims is usually based.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.