Asked in Workers' Compensation for California

Q: How can I formally dismiss my attorney that claim was awarded in wcab? He is causing me so much trouble because I want a

Complete medical buyout and he wants money for it so he stopped the insurance company from talking to me but he won't talk to me and sends emogyi's instead laughing I sent him a letter if dismissal but he won't stop and the defense don't want sanctions so they keep stating attorney on record

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Nancy J. Wallace

  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Grand Terrace, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: There is a standard NOTICE OF DISMISSAL form. Just sending it to your lawyer isn't sufficient. You have to send a Copy of the Notice of Dismissal to the Insurer, the Defense Attorney and the Attorney with a Proof of Service by Mail. THEN you have to prepare the Document Cover and Divider Sheet for a filing at the WCAB and get the Notice of Dismissal plus that Proof Of Service By Mail with the Cover Sheet and Form Divider to the right WCAB Office for filing. SMart people go into the WCAB with TWO, get one set filed and the other set stamped, so you can prove to the Defense Attorney you do not have any attorney. ONLY THEN is the defense attorney permitted to speak directly to you.

Ronald Mahurin

  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Point Arena, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Go to the DIR/WCAB website and click the forms tab. There should be a form for dismissing your attorney. Fill it out, send a copy to him and the original to the court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.