Katy, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: Police say drug found in plain view but I was not charged with anything related to the drug upon arrest?

I was staying at a hotel. Started arguing with my girlfriend and the police were called. They searched the room without a warrant and found various drugs belonging to my girlfriend. They charged and arrested us both and she plead guilty to all charges and wrote an affidavit to the court on my behalf. The police report states the search was legal because an officer noticed a ecstacy pill on the floor in plain sight which to my knowledge NEVER happened. Both of our charges were identical and NEITHER of us were charged with possession of ecstasy. What is your opinion on my situation? I do currently have a court appointed attorney but I don't feel as if he has my best interests at heart and want a second opinion.