Newport, TN asked in Civil Litigation for Tennessee

Q: I was the 1st and only lien holder of this motorcycle they pawned it the pawn shop forged my name after taking mine

The local police advised me to talk to the pawn shop owner so I did and also have the conversation record and video between the pawn shop owner taking my title as well as the officer who came when I reported him taking my title from me what can I do to fix all this

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Anthony M. Avery

  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: You have to sue the Thief and the Pawn Shop for Conversion. You may be able to file it yourself in General Sessions Court, but preferably hire an attorney.. But it may not be worth the effort. Even after you get a Judgment, you will have trouble collecting. Service on the Thief may be difficult. It appears that the Pawn Shop will not be criminally liable nor will their License be in jeopardy. If you know where the bike is, you might be able to file an Action To Recovery Personal Property also.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.