Asked in Criminal Law for Pennsylvania

Q: I was charged with #1-Int Poss Contr Subst By Per Not Reg #2-Marijuana, small Amt, personal use

#3-Use/Poss Of Drug Paraph

I am on probation for personal marijuana use.How much time can I be facing?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Cary B. Hall

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Norristown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Probably not any, but -- at least on the law books -- the maximum incarceration time for a small amount of marijuana is one year.

It also depends on the jurisdiction. Philadelphia? No time. One of the more rural counties in the middle of the state? Those charges might be taken more seriously. In any event, the most serious charge you're facing is the first one - which is usually possession of some drug *other than* marijuana.

If you're talking about prescription pills or narcotics like heroin/fentanyl, you may get smacked. Get yourself an attorney. Best of luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.