Chicago, IL asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Kentucky

Q: My daughters father is keeping her from me. Is there anything I can do without a lawyer. There is no custody order.

My daughters father is keeping her from me. He will not even let her talk to me on the phone. I do not qualify for legal aid and I don't have the money for a lawyer. I don't know what to do. I have never had to go threw this before. Can I do anything about this without a lawyer? We have no custody order and cps is not involved. We were never married and there is no child support being paid by either of us. Please help me!!!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: You can file your own pro se motions but youustcsnt likely achieve much on your own, especially if he has a lawyer. Find a competent family law practitioner, work out a payment plan, and let him or her help get your daughter back.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.