Douglasville, GA asked in Criminal Law for Georgia

Q: I have been charged with conspiracy to commit a felony even tho I didn’t agree to commit the act

I went with my friends to this vape shop and they wanted to rob it and I had put on my shirt over my face and told them no that it was a bad idea and that we should leave and the only reason I had my shirt over my face is cause it was cold and it was raining so why should I be charged with conspisracy to commit the act if I told my friends that I want gonna be involved in the act and I’m only 17 and this is my first charge but I haven’t been to court I went to jail for 7 days and bonded out so what will happen in court if I use my first offenders act?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

David Edward Boyle

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Monroe, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: I would encourage you to hire a lawyer in the jurisdiction where you were arrested. The charge is not going away on its own but you may have some options to avoid a conviction.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.