Bastrop, LA asked in Criminal Law for Louisiana

Q: i was arrested for Illegal carrying weapon presence of cds, gram of meth marijuana and paraphernalia all first offense.

i was in my car and got pulled over. i bonded out and am waiting to hear which indigent attorney i'm assigned. was told that attorney will not have time to speak with me until after next court date. what is the chance of a plea and not have to serve mandatory time? i'm talking i will become mentally unstable due to my bipolor schizophrenia that is not well controlled but i am in therapy/meds. if i have to go behind bars i will think about ending all. please let me know possible outcomes. i realize this is not actual legal counsel and it will be worth what i am paying for it. just give me some light. i am also going to NA meetings. thank you for upfront HONEST realistic answers.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Ellen Cronin Badeaux

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Hire your own criminal attorney, stay on your PRESCRIBED medication, and don't do anything you can't reverse.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.