Asked in Immigration Law

Q: my visa was changed from f2a to f2b mind you that I was 19 when my dad applied. what should I do? its been 4 years now

My dad is a resident is the states.He applied for my visa when I was still under 21 at first everything went well I also received an email notifying me that I should wait 60 days to get my interview date, but in April two months after receiving this email I turned 21 and after 5 months I was notified that my visa was changed to f2b. It's been 4 years now including the 2 years I waited before the category was changed. I do not know would to do? Please if there is anything I can do it will be very helpful. thank you in advance

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Kelli Y Allen

  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Charlotte, NC

A: At this point it is too late to see if the child status protection act might have allowed you to use the visa number when it because available. You only a year to pursue that action. At this point all you can do is wait unless there is another person who could petition in a category that may have a visa number quicker.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.