Orlando, FL asked in Criminal Law for Georgia

Q: Can my charges be dropped if I was pulles over for a headlight when it wasnt really put?

I ended up getting a poss of meth charge...for a zipblock bag they found that had numerios residue from several different things. They askes if ive been in trouble before i sais yes poss of meth butbi havent been in trouble in over 5 yrs. I have completed all my probation stimulations and graduated impatiemt rehab. I also bought the car that day and had it towed to my house that day and I was a passengwr my boyfriend was driving butbhe as well hasnt been in troublw in years.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

David Edward Boyle

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Monroe, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: I would suggest you hire a lawyer to file a motion to suppress to have the court rule upon whether the police had probable cause to stop your vehicle. Make them prove the light was out at the time of the stop. If they are unable to do so, then all the evidence that was located after the vehicle was stopped could be suppressed and the State would be unable to prosecute you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.