Asked in Criminal Law and Immigration Law

Q: Good Day, Hello, I was convicted of a crime that I did not do back in 2003. I had all the witnesses on my side.

Since I’m not an American and in different collor of skin I was and still got convicted for it. I was going and planned to appeal my that comviction but have to save money first to afford another lawyer for it.

But while doing so and while working, I got picked up at work by an Immigration officer and arrested me in to process my deportation. I’m a legal allien and my parents are Citizens in US. I have a Son born in US as well. I fought my deportation as well and still got deported after 6 months fighting for my rights to stay in US. Because of that conviction I got deported in 2004 and got separeted from my family specially to my son.

Now I’m inquiring on to go about clearing my name and how to appeal my criminal conviction even Though I’m here in the Philippines. I am now a registerd Nurse here in my country an has no any criminal conviction in any forms of crime after being deported for morethan 15 years.

How canI reopen my case?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Gary Kollin

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL

A: The time for an appeal has long since passed

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.