New Orleans, LA asked in Criminal Law and Constitutional Law for Louisiana

Q: I was arrested for illegal carrying of a weapon. Could this be considered protection in a volatile situation?

I was helping a friend move it of her ex’s house. He and his parents were there and all three were larger individuals. It was just she and I if they decided to get physical. My shirt was tucked behind my holster but when the police officers arrived and I put my hands up it became untucked and fell over my weapon “concealing” it

1 Lawyer Answer

Ellen Cronin Badeaux

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Hire a criminal attorney and the next time you move a friend out of a home with a volatile partner, just call the Sheriff's Office.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.