Sacramento, CA asked in Criminal Law for California

Q: Owed 9 days of work release, picked up on warrant, has been in for 16 days with no bail?

My boyfriend owed 9 days of work release congruent in el dorado county and sac county. He missed a court date his lawyer never told him about and issued a warrant for sac county. El dorado county picked him up and transferred him to sac. He has been in custody 16 days and el dorado issued a warrant for him while he was in custody for a court date that should have been removed! So, now they want to transfer him to el dorado county when sac releases him. But he has already served more days than what he owed either county.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: need more info.

he did not serve time per court order but per outstanding bench warrant for not complying with court order.

he needs to talk to his lawyer or ask for court lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.