Detroit, MI asked in Family Law for Ohio

Q: Hello there. My question I want to ask is, how do I go about making a complaint against a visitation order?

I have a 3 year old daughter and the mother has her. We had a DNA test done and after I found out she was mine, I went to court for visitation and got approved for unsupervised visits 3 times a week. It went well for about 2 maybe 3 months andthen the mother stopped letting me see my daughter and its been almost a year since I've seen her last. I have 2 other daughters and want my 3 year old daughter to get to grow up knowing her sisters and I. The mother moved and along with that, changed her phone number and blocked me on Facebook. So I dont have a clue what her address is and I dont have anyway of getting ahold of her. If anyone could help that would be grately appriciated. Thanks for your time!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Joseph Jaap

  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Are you paying child support? If not, and if you pursue this, you likely will have to start paying. You can file a motion with the court to have the mother held in contempt for not allowing the visitation. But you will have to locate her. If you cannot find her on your own, you can hire a private investigator.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.