Morrisville, NC asked in Immigration Law and Child Custody for North Carolina

Q: Hi I wanna check my wife is on H4 i need to cancel

In July there was a domestic violence case against her i had filed where she had physically abused me. I had withdrawn the case and she was asked to go for counseling classes for a year.since she was pregnant considering she would change are being in jail. But i dont see any change in her now she verbally abuses. I do not want her to be here with me. But i have one son which i do not wanna give her and we are expecting one in early next month.

1 Lawyer Answer
Kelli Y Allen
Kelli Y Allen
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: I'm not sure what your exact question is. I recommend contacting a family law attorney to deal with the custody issue first. If you decide to divorce, that will resolve the H-4 issue as she would not longer be an eligible derivative.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.